Welcome to iDOPhilly


– Applicants that wish to be legally married in the state of Pennsylvania must first apply for a marriage license application at their nearest Marriage License Bureau of the Register of Wills and complete the application process.

– Minimum age to marry in Pennsylvania is 15. Minors must have both the written approval of a judge of the Orphans’ Court Division of the Common Pleas and written consent from a parent or legal guardian.

– Legal age to apply for a marriage license in Pennsylvania is 18 Under PA Marriage License laws Requirements.

– Applicants should take the necessary steps to obtain a Marriage License 2 to 3 weeks before the scheduled date of their marriage ceremony.

– Both applicants seeking a marriage license must appear together in person at the Marriage License Bureau of the Register of Wills office to complete the process.

– Photo identification is required in PA Marriage License laws Requirements.

– Marriage license fees vary from county to county. Please call the county Register of Wills in which you will be applying for their fees and other requirements.

– There is a three (3) day waiting period from the completion of the application process to the issuance of the license.

– A marriage license is valid for 60 days from the date it is issued. 

-English translator is required for a couple that doesn’t speak English

– To complete the application for a marriage license, a couple must:

    •  Apply at the Office of the Clerk of Orphans’ Court of any County of Pennsylvania.
    • Both applicants must be present to apply
    • Minors must have a Birth Certificate and a Consenter must be present
    • Social Security Numbers are REQUIRED at the time of application
    • Drivers license or Photo ID for applicants
    • Visas are required for citizens of another country

Applicants who have been previously married must provide the following information concerning the latest dissolution of prior marriages:

– Divorces—In the case of a divorce, a certified divorce decree(s) must be presented which states:

– Month, day and year of the final decree

– County and state where granted

– Female (if the last name differs from decree) must provide documents from Court of the name change.

– Foreign divorces require a certified English translation

– Annulments– A certified copy of the annulment document is required which must include the same information as stated above for divorce.

– Widowed— The date of death of the deceased spouse is necessary.

Leave Comment

Popular Posts